Windows Media Player missing in Windows 7 Enterprise N. Hmmm... This sounds strange ha. The latest version of Windows not having media player embedded??? Actually the reason was N & KN versions of Windows 7 does not include support for windows media retailed activities. May be Microsoft might have provided a Windows 7 version for their clients who do not like their employees listening to music. In a way its good. It may increase the efficiency of their workers. However, there is a solution as always. This is the answer that Microsoft provide.
The N edition and the KN edition of the Windows 7 operating system do not include Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related technologies, such as Windows Media Center and Windows DVD Maker. Therefore, you must install a separate media player in order to do any of the following:
- Play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs
- Organize content in a media library
- Create playlists
- Convert audio CDs to media files
- View artist and title information about media files
- View album art about music files
- Transfer music to personal music players
- Record and playback TV broadcasts
You will have to download and install 271 MB(32 bit) / 291.7 MB(64 bit) large feature pack to enable windows media features. This download requires Genuine Windows Validation.